1. Purchases of a voucher for an activity must be submitted electronically from our web site.
2. Vouchers may be purchased by telephone if payment is made by credit card.
3. This contract is made with you but you can give an activity (on the terms of this contract) to someone else provided you tell us. These Terms and Conditions will still apply and "you" in the rest of these Terms and Conditions will refer to that person.
4. It is our intention that all the terms of the contract between us are contained in these terms and conditions and in the brochures and associated documents issued by our activity providers. If you wish to rely upon any variation in these terms you should ensure that the variations are agreed in writing by us.
5. The purchase of any voucher can be cancelled by returning all the associated documents within 14 days of the date that has been booked and up to 96 hours before the meeting time for the activity which you have booked. Refunds will always be made to the person who paid for the voucher, and if originally purchased by a credit card, the refund will be credited to the same credit card. The refund will be the value of the voucher purchased less 20% representing our reasonable marketing and administration costs.
Our obligations to you:
1. The voucher will entitle you to participate in the activity as detailed in the voucher.
2. The voucher is not redeemable for cash.
3. Some activities are dependent upon the weather and it may be necessary to postpone an activity at any time if in our judgment the conditions are not safe. We will give you as much warning as operational procedures allow of any postponement, but in order to ensure your safety we reserve the right to postpone at any time up to the moment of the activity. If activities are suspended due to operational restrictions beyond the Company’s control, validity of reservations will be extended by the period of such restrictions.
4. If we have to postpone your activity, including due to weather, you will be offered alternative dates, an alternative activity or an open voucher to be taken for some time within the following 12 months. Any refund will incur a 20% administration charge.
5. We will make you a refund less our reasonable marketing and administration costs 20% in the following circumstances:-
i. If you die or it is certified by a doctor that there is no possibility that you will be or were medically fit during the validity period of your voucher
ii. If we have agreed in writing at the time of the voucher purchase that the activity must be taken on a specified date or within a specified period of time of not more than one month and we are unable to provide at that time.
6. If you are unable do the activity because you are pregnant we will extend the validity period by twelve months, if you notify us in writing.
7. Refunds in any other circumstances are at our discretion and any request for a refund must be made in writing.
8. All our activity providers carry limited insurance cover against the risk of any injury or damage to participants and their belongings during the course of the activities. Active-8 Cornwall Ltd is a booking agent and thus absolutely and categorically takes no liability for any injuries or loss whatsoever whilst taking part any of the activities booked through Active-8. The level of cover afforded by the activity providers varies from time to time as a result of currency fluctuations and you may not consider it adequate. We can provide further details upon request and if you do not consider that the amount of insurance cover would be adequate to compensate you for any loss whether for death or personal injury or damage to your belongings you should take out your own additional cover. The activity providers will not be liable for any loss or damage to equipment and effects brought with you on an activity nor for death or personal injury above the level of our insurance cover unless it has been caused by recklessness.
11. We do not accept liability for any costs or expenses you incur if we have to postpone any activity, where the reason for the postponement is beyond our control.
12. We cannot supervise vehicles parked at the meeting point for an activity and vehicles and their contents are left at you risk and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage to your vehicle or contents unless it is due to our negligence.
13. If activities are suspended due to operational restrictions beyond the Company’s control, the validity of open Vouchers will be extended by the period of such restrictions. We cannot be held liable for any of the client’s losses or cost of whatever nature that result from the suspension of any activities in accordance with this clause.
Your obligations to us:
1. Your voucher is valid for the date upon which it was bought, unless stated otherwise. If your activity is not taken within that time you will lose the right to participate in the activity unless it has been extended for some other reason under these terms and conditions.
2. Payment is to be made in full when the voucher is purchased.
4. You must telephone to check that the activity has not been affected by adverse weather conditions in accordance with our instructions.
5. You may postpone your activity by speaking to us direct (office hours 9:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday). Up to 96 hours before the meeting time for the activity which you have booked provided that at the time you do so you re-schedule your activity for a mutually convenient date within one month of the postponed activity. An out of office hours answering machine message or e-mail is not acceptable as a method of postponement
6. If you do not give notice of postponement in accordance with paragraph 5 above or do not attend in time to take part in your booked activity, you will not be entitled to a re-scheduled activity nor to any refund.
7. We are not qualified to express an opinion confirming that you are fit to take part in an activity and you must ensure that you are fit to take part. You must not take part if you are suffering from any serious medical condition, or have recently undergone surgery, or are disabled unless you have a certificate of your fitness from your doctor. You must not take part if you are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
8. Our paramount consideration is your safety and the safety of others participating in the activity and you must obey all requests and instructions issued by any of our representatives and take particular care to abide by any safety instructions given. The instructors have complete discretion as to whether to allow you to take part in an activity and will refuse to allow you to do so if in their opinion you would be a risk to other participants or to yourself.
9. All activities have age restrictions detailed in the booking criteria. Generally a child under the age of 16 years will only allowed if accompanied by a responsible adult.
10. You should wear such appropriate clothing as is advised to you and detailed in our joining instructions.
11. Even though the individual activity providers carry full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. This should include white-water rafting, surfing, coasteering, climbing, mountain biking and Canyoning. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker.
We accept Credit/Debit Card payments via Secure Trading Ltd.
Cards we accept are MasterCard, Visa, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Visa Purchasing, Solo and Switch.
The goods will not be delivered until the customer's funds that have been paid to Active-8 Ltd and have cleared in full.
Please note that all transactions will be carried out in sterling. Once you have placed your order, confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail complete with Transaction and Order Reference numbers. Active-8 Cornwall Ltd monitor prices on a daily basis.
We will not be held responsible for pricing errors due to software mal-functions, or human error. This website operates on an 'invitation to treat' basis and not as an 'offer for sale' as a result, Active-8Ltd reserves the right to decline orders for bulk or high value purchases.
Your order will be sent to you within 9 working days.
Credit Card Security:
At this stage, you will be passed on to a Secure Order Processing page, your details will be encrypted by 128-bit industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and credit card details.
We collect only the basic personal details required to process your order. We will not release your name, address, email address or any other information about our customers to any outside party. We will not trade, resell, sell, or redistribute information that you provide to us, to any other companies, organisations or individuals.
Your information provided to us during the ordering process is protected by 128-bit industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and credit card details. This server encrypts information while it is being transmitted across the Internet so that unauthorised people cannot read it.
Returns Policy & Guarantee:
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a no fuss guarantee.
In accordance with the EU Distance Selling Directive, you are entitled to cancel your order at anytime within 7 days of receiving your voucher. The cancellation period ends on the expiry of the period of 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the you received the voucher. If you wish to cancel a voucher under these terms contact us.
Please contact us at the details below:
Purely Cornish Farmshop
Active-8 Cornwall Ltd
18 Fore Street
Phone: +44(0)1503 2626280
Email via web site: www.activecornwall.co.uk
Unlawful or Prohibited Use:
You shall not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or by any means prohibited under this terms and conditions. You shall not use this site in any manner, which may harm Active-8 Ltd or other parties or adversely affect the site functionality or its use by others. You shall not attempt or obtain from or through this site any information that is not already and intentionally made available from or through it.
All the information on this web site is intended for guidance only. The web site is regularly updated. Products and prices are subject to change with out notice. Active-8 Ltd owns the copyright in all materials on this site.
All contents and information on this site including without limitation text, graphic and images, is the property of Active-8 Ltd or the property of their respective owners and is protected by United Kingdom copyright laws.
All trademarks that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners
Project part financed by the EU, EAGGF and DEFRA